We are building our staff for the 2017-2018 school year!
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS AND ACADEMICS does not currently have openings!
THE MOSAIC SCHOOL does not currently have openings!
HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY & CHEMISTRY TEACHER
***Applications will only be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to the vacancy and to submit your application materials prior to May 25, 2017. (WECAN Link)
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified in Biology and Chemistry or meet the requirements to be certified as a Charter School Teacher.
2. Evidence of knowledge and application of or willingness to become knowledgeable with application in the following topics over the next three years: Multiple Intelligences, Making Thinking Visible, Teaching for Understanding, and Project Based Learning, Advisory and Guided Discipline.
3. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, as they apply to parents and fellow staff members.
4. Ability and willingness to work in a collegial setting with staff.
5. Evidence of successful parent involvement strategies.
6. Evidence of commitment to own professional growth.
7. Have training/experience in working with CWD and ELL students in an integrated setting.
8. Willingness to be involved in extended-day teaching activities and/or programs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires the candidate to teach high school level biology and chemistry through a project-based framework integrating our Habits of Mind and Habits of Professionalism with application of knowledge and skills. In addition to science classes, the selected candidate will have an advisory that meets daily and will work with a cohort of students during the project block. Additionally, there are many opportunities to lead extra-curricular clubs and activities.
BACKGROUND: IDEAS (Innovation through Design Engineering, Arts and Sciences) Academy is a public charter school within the SASD. IDEAS Academy uses a progressive approach to education coupling academics and arts/design/engineering coursework to create student led projects that solve problems or reinterpret issues and concepts. IDEAS Academy fosters a culture of creative and critical thinking in a democratic community based on decency and trust.
The selected candidate will work with a diverse set of special needs students to support their learning in all subjects and projects. Additionally, the selected candidate will meet daily with an advisory of 15 students to help guide their learning. For more information, please visit www.etudegroup.org/ideas.